POST-CONCUSSION SYNDROME SUPPORT
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just joined!

2 posters

Go down

Just joined! Empty Just joined!

Post by drjoanny Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:57 pm

Hello, I was invited to be part of this forum. Thanks! I look forward to participating where I can. I wish you all WELLness.
Dr. Joanny. Very Happy

drjoanny

Back to top Go down

Just joined! Empty Re: Just joined!

Post by Admin Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:04 pm

You are so welcome Dr. Joanny. Please free to post any videos or interviews you have done concerning concussion. I have viewed some and I am sure other members will benefit from watching them.

Here in the UK there seems to be little understanding and a huge lack of support for people suffering from PCS or concussion type injuries, hence why I have just set up this forum
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://post-concussion.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by drjoanny Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:07 pm

I believe it is VERY important to be innovative in medicine, because after all, medicine should be about problem solving and results. No one wants to continue suffering. Everyone wants to live on their own terms.

drjoanny

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:52 pm

That's very true Dr. Joanny, my own GP knew nothing about PCS and I had to gain information from other sources to give her. It was only then that I was started on various medications, it was a bit hit and miss, they tried different things to see what had a positive effect. In regards to research on the subject the UK is in my opinion miles behind the US in terms of understanding PCS and many disbelieve it actually exists.
Due to lack of understanding and knowledge, (even from medical professionals) you start to feel as though you've imagined it all.

I have kindly been granted permission to post on the forum various research carried out by a UK University on the subject and their findings. I will be posting these over the weekend. If you look at the media for example in the US, PCS, concussion and its dangers are hot topic, yet in the UK you will be lucky to find one article or story in the media explaining the dangers of concussion.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drjoanny Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:45 pm

I have a duty to report to you that there's a lot of hype and little useful information from the US and sometimes in Canada (where I'm from). Yes, there's a lot of research going on, but it's mostly irrelevant. They ALREADY have the research they've done with neuroplasticity, but the practical use of it is missing. There are only a few, like myself, who've actually figured out what to do with all this great information. For me, it's because I've embraced Classical Chinese Medicine (as opposed to Traditional Chinese Medicine) which understands the interrelationship of psychological well being and physical well being. Therein lies the key to all suffering. In order to heal from PCS, you must have an open mind. All healing begins there. And that's what my message is. It's very exciting. It's totally customizable because everyone's life experience is different. That is another key, having a set of tools that helps each individual based on their set of circumstances.

drjoanny

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:05 pm

If you could post something in the alternative medicine section about your thoughts and preferred methods of Classical Chinese Medicine (as opposed to Traditional Chinese Medicine). I have witnessed what can be achieved with acupuncture and I know about Qigong as I have practised xing yi quan for a long time.
Qigong defiantly helped me with my anxiety issues.

Would it be ok for me to post some of your youtube videos on the forum?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by drjoanny Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:14 pm

Yes, please. I'd be delighted if you posted the videos! Have an AWESOME Day! I will post as soon as I can think through what I want to say. Clarity is very important. Cheers.

drjoanny

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:21 pm

Will do Dr. Joanny, you too have a great day
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content